Are you under the age of sixteen?
If you are younger than sixteen years old, you cannot use our Website and Services without the permission of your parents or legal guardian.
For you as a visitor this site does not use or store personal data. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person as defined in the Relevant Legislation. Our services or activities are offered through social media channels (such as Twitter and Facebook) en dedicated event organizing sites (such as Meetup). By using these platforms platforms you are subjected to their respective privacy policies.
We will not process your data without your consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so.
What data do we collect and how do we use your data?
To use our Website,we may store the following non-personal data:
- The type of your browser
- The operating system that you use
Events and hackathons
Appsterdam may organize or co-organize events and hackathons. For this purpose we use third party platforms such as meetup.com or eventbrite.com. Using these platforms is subject to their respective privacy policies. If you participate in an event, we may ask the following data (through the designated platforms: name and email address; and possibly your address and phone number. We alse may have questions regarding your expertise for the purpose of team forming. This way, we can carry out the work, campaigns and if appropriate announce prize-winners.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes listed above or any other purpose that is connected thereto. This way, your data will never be used by us in an unexpected way.
Our site does not use your personal data.
How long do we store your data?
We shall store your (non-personal) data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above.
We will only process your data within the European Union. We will only process your data outside of the European Union if the country has an effective protection level for your data.
We will never transfer your data to other countries or other parties then described above.
You may find content on our Website that links to other websites, including social media websites and websites on which we run our meetups and events. We do not control the content on these websites and are not responsible for the content or the privacy protection of these websites. We advise you to read the privacy policies of those websites.
Cookies are little (text)files which are stored on your computer. Your web browser stores these cookies when you visit our Website. These cookies will be retrieved when you visit our website again. This allows Websites to recognize you as a previous visitor.
Currently we are not using cookies.
Nevertheless, you can change your cookie settings in your browser, if you don’t want cookies to be sent to your device.
- Your rights
- This site does not collect personal data. Nevertheless, in general you have the following rights:
- You may request access to the personal data we process about you;
- You may request us to correct, update, shield or delete your personal information in our records;
- You may request a copy of the personal data we have processed about you. We can – on your request – send this copy to another party, so you don’t have to send the data yourself;
- You may file a complaint against processing your data;
- You may file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), if you are under the impression that we process your data unlawfully;
- You may always withdraw your consent to process your data. We cannot process your data from the moment you withdraw your consent.
Nova Zemblastraat 415
1013 RJ Amsterdam